Top 10 Reasons Why Your Child Should Play with Wooden Building Blocks
Wooden building blocks
are excellent toys for any child to play with on a regular basis. They’re appropriate for nearly any age from infants to elementary school. While a very basic, no-frills kind of toy, blocks are definitely something you should include in your child’s repertoire of playthings. Believe it or not, even today’s modern children will love them!
Here are the top 10 reasons why your child should play with wooden building blocks:
1. Wooden children’s toys are non-toxic. They aren’t made with chemical-filled plastics, so you can be assured your child is playing with something that is safe in every way.
2. Wooden toys help the environment. The market for these toys creates a demand for trees. More tree farms are produced to make these toys, so trees are continually planted. It’s a green solution to child’s play.
3. These toys help stimulate a child’s imagination. Your children can build nearly anything they can think of with blocks, then break it down and start over with something new.
4. Blocks teach children to share. Because there are so many blocks in most sets, your child can easily play and share the toys with other children without there being any fighting over who gets to play with what. Children can even collaborate on projects together.
5. Blocks are durable. They won’t break easily, like many other toys.
6. Blocks are safe for nearly every age. There are no small parts to blocks, so there’s no cause for worry that a child will swallow the blocks or choke on them. Even infants can safely play with them.
7. Blocks are easily replaced. If one or more get lost (as is often inevitable with children’s toys), they are inexpensive to replace, and your child probably won’t even know the difference.
8. Blocks help teach children responsibility. They are easy to pick up and put away, so they make good first toys for your children to use to learn this important skill.
9. Blocks are portable. You can put them in a bucket and take them just about anywhere, so your child is always entertained, even on the road on a car trip.
10. Wooden building blocks span the generations! They’re something you can play with alongside your child, and you’ll both understand and enjoy the game.